I am sure you already know, when it comes to prospecting your Target Market, it has become extremely difficult to get your foot in the door. It’s even a bigger challenge to stay in their good graces.
Because your prospects are over-marketed to, over-sold, and pissed off about it. They’ll slam a phone down faster than you can pick it up. Not to mention… deleting your e-mails without even reading them!
So what can you do about it? Here are some tips, I picked up to help you stand out from everyone else and keep your prospects interest.
- Value: The art of giving, giving, giving and give some more. Well, we all know that providing Value is the bail on the hook. But we aren’t the only ones with fishing lines out. Everywhere you turn, people are giving away free content. Note: This not a standalone approach.
- Communicate what others can’t: We all have different personality types and we defiantly don’t all think alike. It might be easier for you to connect with a person, that I would have difficultly relating with. Because we aren’t the same person. Whatever you do put a little bit of yourself in it… Let your personality, come out in your videos, blog posts, articles etc.
- Build Relationships: You need to stop thinking of your Prospect as just prospects. You need to start thinking of them as friends. Very few people get this concept, and they go off and spam on twitter or Facebook, then they wonder why people aren’t joining their business.
- Stop worry about what people think: Don’t be a cookie cutter marketer. Put your own twist on everything you do. 🙂 Many businesses that market act like clones. They’re afraid to make their own video’s write their own emails and blog because, they’re afraid what people might think or say about it.
- Give Personality: I hate to say it but, there’s way too many bots on social media i.e. twitter. Too many people using automated programs. Or worse yet people who are hiding behind their computer, afraid to open up and be real. Be yourself. Don’t be scared to show people, you’re a real person, while utilizing social media.
- Be a Producer: Don’t be afraid to come out with your own Content that is unique to you. E-books, paid products, newsletters, whatever idea’s pop in your head.
- Contrast: If you really want to stand out from the crowd, watch what other businesses in your niche are doing, then DON’T DO IT.
Let’s be real, there are too many zombies out there. It’s like the blind leading, the blind. We all know where they wind up, broke and then eventually quitting. You need to find a marketing expert you can like, know and trust. 🙂 Then you’re welcome to attach yourself at the hip to them.
- Be wrong:For real, it okay to be wrong. Do the wrong thing, say the wrong thing, even be the wrong thing. There’s so many people who want to be politically correct. It just becomes plain boring. People love controversy. If you’re willing to be someone who doesn’t always have to do the right thing all time, I grantee you will attract a lot of attention.
- Be right: Okay, so you can get attention if you’re right….. But only if you’re more right than everyone else. Make your blog post easier to understand. Make your video’s more interesting than everyone else. Say more funny stuff than everyone else. Take pride in your blog and video’s and people will notice.
- Walk the Talk: I have seen so many people out there teaching a concept and not following what they preach. If you want attention do what you say, and say what you mean and walk the talk, baby.
- The Shock Factor: Do the opposite of what you normally do. Keep people guessing on what you’ll do next! Give strange analogies, shocking pictures and surprising content. Don’t be afraid to get all crazy and fun with it. People like unexpected.
- Don’t give up: There is a quote I like. That explains it better than I can.
“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan “press on” has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race” – Calvin Coolidge
You know what, Thomas Edison found a 1,000 ways not to make a light bulb. Not everyone is going to succeed their first time around. It’s the staying in the game that leads to success.
13. Be Funny:You don’t always have to be so serious or monotone in your videos, or anything else for that matter. There is life on your planet! Tell jokes, be funny. As business owners we’re so busy trying to give value and run our business that we forget to entertain. Then we come off, as Boring. Hey, if we aren’t helping people solve their problems, at least we are helping them catch some Z’s. Hello people, it’s time to wake up. Humor works every time, why do you think public speakers use it?
14. Be interesting: I have seen people that are like miniature text books; they sound like all-knowing teachers. I know I just covered keeping your prospects awake so they stay on your page. But while you’re being funny, it wouldn’t hurt to unleash your “inner dork”. You know the part of you that’s so “enamored” with your topic that everyone else thinks, it’s funny… but they pay attention anyway.
15. Put your Prospects first: Care about what your prospects wants and needs above your own. I know you’re doing your business to make money. I know you have bills to pay. But stop making it all about you, and you will see a drastic change in your business.
16.A for effort: Another thing I hate to say it, but it must be said….. There are too many people out there that do half A** stuff. Come on people, put some heart and feeling into what you’re doing. Give it your all. You will be surprised on how much you’ll stand out.
17. Be Honest: Hey, don’t be scared to be honest and stand up for what you believe in. People will respect you for it. Give it to people straight up! Be so honest that you’re scared to click the “Post” button. Be so honest that no one knows what to say in the comments section…. But they are talking about you.
18. Stories Sell, Fact’s Tell: In Marketing we have heard this a lot. Yeah… Yeah… I know stories support your points, make solid openers, and teach people while entertaining them. But what no one ever talks about is the stories that can make you legends. I am sure you have some real nice stories. But I mean gripping tales that will haunt you forever. Forget about the other stories… Tell me that one.
Trust me, you will stand out.
If you like this post or any others, leave me a comment and subscribe to my blog. I would love to connect with you.